Thursday, March 4, 2010

What's Goin' on Here

So, yeah, that last post doesn't really fit with everything else here. And there's a reason for it. I'm taking a class on film criticism and so I've been doing a lot of writing in that department. Since Yellow Handkerchief came out last weekend and I had done a piece on it, why not throw my piece into the ring. There's also a forthcoming review of the Sundance fan-favorite "Daddy Long Legs" for when that gets released in the spring. But in the meantime, check out this podcast created by members of my journalism class. I have a quick bit about how District 9 and Avatar are the same movie, and how James Horner recycles his old scores yet again in Avatar.

http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2010/03/04/25413/

And if you're wondering about who I think should win (rather than will), here are a couple of picks:

Picture: "The Hurt Locker"

Actor: Colin Firth, "A Single Man"

Actress: Carey Mulligan, "An Education"

Best Animated Feature: "Fantastic Mr. Fox"

Best Original Score: "Up"

Best Score assembled from previous work: "Avatar"

No comments:

Post a Comment